If you are in IT you know how it is when your immediate and extended family are when they find out how savvy you are. As someone doing IT work for over a decade, I can relate to these. I did shamelessly steal these from BucksFeed, but let’s be honest, they steal all the content on their site anyways. Enjoy! Added a relevant video for your enjoyment.
1. Firstly, you only fell into the role because of your willingness to help.
HBO / Via giphy.com
2. And because of your kind and caring attitude, whenever you visit family there’s a list of tech-related chores waiting to be done.
3. But at least dealing with tasks in person is better than trying to give advice over the phone.
Columbia Pictures / Via imgur.com
4. There is no worse fear than when an elderly relative asks you to set up a Facebook account for them.
5. People forgetting their passwords has become a prominent problem in your life.
Warner Bros. / Via giphy.com
6. Hell, and some people even manage to forget their goddamn email address.
7. You’re used to family coming to you with extremely vague, nonsensical descriptions of their tech problems.
8. Except when it comes to spelling out URLs, which is always done in full.
Vicki Reid / Getty Images
9. But their lack of knowledge doesn’t stop them from having strong opinions.
Focus Features / Via giphy.com
10. Or trying to do things you told them were impossible.
11. Sometimes, you’re even asked to fix things you have zero control over (like changing the Google Logo back).
12. When the time comes, you’re always the person everyone goes to for advice when buying new technology.
13. Advice which they then go ahead and completely ignore.
20th Century Fox
14. Which often leads to them needing help with more things.
Optimum Releasing / Via imgur.com
15. And whenever anything goes wrong, the blame always falls on you.
16. Your family loves to boast to all their friends about how you’re “so good with computers”.
17. And on more than one occasion have offered your services out to others.
18. More often than not for tasks that are way beyond your level of knowledge.
TV Tokyo / Via imgur.com
19. Because, honestly, your solution is mostly just to Google the problem.